Welcome to the WCell wiki!
The goal of this wiki is to coalesce all the knowledge we have attained into a single reference source that is not only technically reliable, but also up-to-date and easily understandable. Most articles are still under construction.
The Packet Analyzer defines the structure of all known packets and enables anyone to make a WoW packet stream human-readable.
Ask the WCell community, contact the developer team, get involved, stay around.
The team, its members and how everyone is invited to play a part
Learn where and how to checkout WCell
Learn how to setup WCell
Learn how to configure WCell
- Roles and Privileges explain how the different privileges and Roles of Users work
Learn how to administrate and control WCell
- See AuthServer Commands on how to administer the AuthServer while running
- Learn about Ingame Commands and other ways of controlling the game from within the game
Learn how to further customize the ingame world
Learn more about the WCell code-structure and applied coding conventions.
- Every Developer should have a basic understanding of the WCell API
- The Developer Guide gives new (and old) developers an overview of the features and applied coding conventions during WCell development
- Write Addons in C# or write functional object-oriented code, using F#
- The Coding Guide helps developers understand how to write clean code (not only for WCell)
- WCell's Packet Analyzer allows everyone to define WoW Packet-structures, using XML and use that information to render log files correspondingly
- Learn how to hook to WCell's Initialization Routine during startup
- WCell uses NHibernate for Database-access - Here are some information related to NHibernate-usage
- Advantages of a Clean Codebase explains why clean code is so very important
- Understanding WCell's Threading Strategy is a must for every WCell-developer
- Check Nobby's progress on Collision Detection
- WCell utilizes Unit Tests to prevents bugs and allow a high level of Quality Assurance
- WCell emphasizes Unit Testing to prevent bugs and allow a high level of Quality Assurance
Learn how to create and/or use addons
Have a look at what different Modules the WCell RealmServer consists of and how they are implemented.